In order to be able to maximize the benefits from reuse and recycling technologies projects a larger systemic analysis of the environment is needed, an enlargement of the traditional narrow planning and management approaches, and a growing sensitivity to decision-making associated with multi-objective, multi-purpose actions and multi uses parameters. However, the problem is not centered on the lack of treatment techniques and technologies, but rather on how such schemes may become more efficient and implementable. COROADO will both develop new and adapt existing concepts and operational frameworks and produce a web-based toolbox for reuse and recycling technologies in the context of integrated water resources management, taking into account long-lasting changes, and at the same time addressing environmental and ecosystem integrity. Climate change and water scarcity in relation with the pertinent technologies will also be addressed.
Thus, COROADO would focus on:
- Developing tools for analyzing reuse and recycling technologies and trade-offs
- Addressing non-linearity and resilience
- Promoting and organizing active participation of stakeholders and capacity building efforts.
The effort may develop an understanding of needed transitions of governance and policy systems in order to mainstream such water reuse and recycling technologies implementation, providing a continuous and appropriate set of guidelines, and manuals so that policy relevant standards may be applied by end users and policy makers and after the completion of COROADO, without any further support.
- Water reuse in Africa and the Sustainable Development Goals
- Water reuse in Africa and the Sustainable Development GoalsPosted 1 εβδομάδα ago
By Javier Mateo-Sagasta and Pay Drechsel, International Water Management Institute
Cities in Africa generate millions of tons of solid and liquid waste every year. Most of this waste is discharged untreated to water bodies leading…
- For the first time, satellite mapping of Latin America shows that the continent's agricultural expansion has waned in the wake of the global economic downturn, according to UBC research.
- Satellite mapping reveals agricultural slowdo…Posted 2 εβδομάδες ago
Credit: World Bank Photo Collection/Flickr
For the first time, satellite mapping of Latin America shows that the continent’s agricultural expansion has waned in the wake of the global economic downturn, according to…
- The Future Is Now for Water Reuse
- The Future Is Now for Water ReusePosted 2 εβδομάδες ago
Nathan Maguire and Greg Claffey
By reusing wastewater, food and beverage companies can cut operating costs, reduce reliance on freshwater resources, and contribute to a sustainable environment.
In processing 200 tons of…
- Drought-Stricken California Farmers Buy Recycled Oil Wastewater For Irrigation
- Drought-Stricken California Farmers Buy Recyc…Posted 3 εβδομάδες ago
Most Americans, except those who are under the spell of Republicans or the anti-environment fossil fuel industry probably comprehend the necessity of water to human life. It is also likely…