In order to be able to maximize the benefits from reuse and recycling technologies projects a larger systemic analysis of the environment is needed, an enlargement of the traditional narrow planning and management approaches, and a growing sensitivity to decision-making associated with multi-objective, multi-purpose actions and multi uses parameters. However, the problem is not centered on the lack of treatment techniques and technologies, but rather on how such schemes may become more efficient and implementable. COROADO will both develop new and adapt existing concepts and operational frameworks and produce a web-based toolbox for reuse and recycling technologies in the context of integrated water resources management, taking into account long-lasting changes, and at the same time addressing environmental and ecosystem integrity. Climate change and water scarcity in relation with the pertinent technologies will also be addressed.
Thus, COROADO would focus on:
- Developing tools for analyzing reuse and recycling technologies and trade-offs
- Addressing non-linearity and resilience
- Promoting and organizing active participation of stakeholders and capacity building efforts.
The effort may develop an understanding of needed transitions of governance and policy systems in order to mainstream such water reuse and recycling technologies implementation, providing a continuous and appropriate set of guidelines, and manuals so that policy relevant standards may be applied by end users and policy makers and after the completion of COROADO, without any further support.
- NASA Satellites Measure Flooding Rain in Peru and Bolivia
- NASA Satellites Measure Flooding Rain in Peru and BoliviaPosted 3 μήνες ago
Heavy rainfall recently caused flooding, landslides and power outages in some areas of Peru and Bolivia.
NASA’s Integrated Multi-satellitE Retrievals for GPM (IMERG) measured that rainfall by using a merged precipitation…
- South America autumn forecast: Brazil drought to ease; Early rains to soak Colombia to Chile
- South America autumn forecast: Brazil drought…Posted 3 μήνες ago
By Brian Lada
Wet weather will frequent large portions of South America throughout autumn; however, dry spells will dominate the weather pattern in southern and northern parts of the continent.
- El Niño is Here, But California Is Still in Drought
- El Niño is Here, But California Is Still in D…Posted 3 μήνες ago
El Niño is Here, But California Is Still in Drought
Months of rain and snow will be needed to climb out of the four-year dry spell
A parade of El Niño-fueled storms…