In order to be able to maximize the benefits from reuse and recycling technologies projects a larger systemic analysis of the environment is needed, an enlargement of the traditional narrow planning and management approaches, and a growing sensitivity to decision-making associated with multi-objective, multi-purpose actions and multi uses parameters. However, the problem is not centered on the lack of treatment techniques and technologies, but rather on how such schemes may become more efficient and implementable. COROADO will both develop new and adapt existing concepts and operational frameworks and produce a web-based toolbox for reuse and recycling technologies in the context of integrated water resources management, taking into account long-lasting changes, and at the same time addressing environmental and ecosystem integrity. Climate change and water scarcity in relation with the pertinent technologies will also be addressed.
Thus, COROADO would focus on:
- Developing tools for analyzing reuse and recycling technologies and trade-offs
- Addressing non-linearity and resilience
- Promoting and organizing active participation of stakeholders and capacity building efforts.
The effort may develop an understanding of needed transitions of governance and policy systems in order to mainstream such water reuse and recycling technologies implementation, providing a continuous and appropriate set of guidelines, and manuals so that policy relevant standards may be applied by end users and policy makers and after the completion of COROADO, without any further support.
- Agenda for 4th Plenary Meeting in Chile
- Agenda for 4th Plenary Meeting in ChilePosted 3 hours ago
Agenda for 4th Plenary Meeting in Chile
- The US, South Africa and Australia are turning wastewater into drinking water
- The US, South Africa and Australia are turning wastewat…Posted 15 days ago
theguardian The US, South Africa and Australia are turning wastewater into drinking water
- Set dates for the COROADO 2nd series of Workshops in the case studies
- Set dates for the COROADO 2nd series of Workshops in th…Posted 23 days ago
Set dates for the COROADO 2nd series of Workshops in the case studies.
- Workshops latest Info
- Workshops latest InfoPosted 48 days ago
Workshops latest Info:
Joao Pedro Pego, Professor Auxiliar in Department of Civil Engineering in University of Porto (UPORTO) is currently in Latin America, visiting the case studies (Brazil & Chile) in order to update and present the DSS model for each…