In order to be able to maximize the benefits from reuse and recycling technologies projects a larger systemic analysis of the environment is needed, an enlargement of the traditional narrow planning and management approaches, and a growing sensitivity to decision-making associated with multi-objective, multi-purpose actions and multi uses parameters. However, the problem is not centered on the lack of treatment techniques and technologies, but rather on how such schemes may become more efficient and implementable. COROADO will both develop new and adapt existing concepts and operational frameworks and produce a web-based toolbox for reuse and recycling technologies in the context of integrated water resources management, taking into account long-lasting changes, and at the same time addressing environmental and ecosystem integrity. Climate change and water scarcity in relation with the pertinent technologies will also be addressed.
Thus, COROADO would focus on:
- Developing tools for analyzing reuse and recycling technologies and trade-offs
- Addressing non-linearity and resilience
- Promoting and organizing active participation of stakeholders and capacity building efforts.
The effort may develop an understanding of needed transitions of governance and policy systems in order to mainstream such water reuse and recycling technologies implementation, providing a continuous and appropriate set of guidelines, and manuals so that policy relevant standards may be applied by end users and policy makers and after the completion of COROADO, without any further support.
- Drought-Stricken California Farmers Look To Tap Urban Wastewater
- Drought-Stricken California Farmers Look To Tap Urban Wastew…Posted 4 μήνες ago
The city of Modesto's wastewater treatment plant could supply millions of gallons of water to local farmers in California.
Lauren Sommer for NPR
Many California farmers are in a tight spot this…
- Recycling Greywater As California Drought Persists
- Recycling Greywater As California Drought Per…Posted 4 μήνες ago
Southern Californians crowd in for a lesson on laundry-to-landscape greywater systems at the LA Eco-Village. (Molly Peterson/KPCC)
As the California drought continues, residents are being back to cut back their use…
- Toward cheaper water treatment
- Toward cheaper water treatmentPosted 4 μήνες ago
MIT spinout makes treating, recycling highly contaminated oilfield water more economical
Rob Matheson | MIT News Office
July 15, 2015
Gradiant's 12,000-barrel-per-day, carrier gas extraction plant (shown here), uses a humidification and dehumidification…
- COROADO Fourth day in Mexico City (25/06/2015)
- COROADO Fourth day in Mexico City (25/06/2015…Posted 5 μήνες ago
The Fourth day on COROADO Project (25/06/2015) Galeria Plaza Hotel